Short snippets of yoga-inspired words for your daily spiritual and personal growth
Over the last few months I’ve been developing a ‘Sadhana’ practice that I would love to share with you. For free!
- Yoga-inspired quotes, excerpts and thoughts designed to inspire personal growth.
- They’re super-short so that you don’t need to spend time reading a long blog post.
- Take the words with you as you begin your days.
- To absorb the wisdom within the words even more deeply, take the words with you as you practise yoga, meditate, go for a walk, or even do the dishes! These types of meditative practices allow the analytical mind to quieten and the deeper, intuitive mind to gently embrace the words and cultivate a deeper understanding that is most useful to you.
This practice has not only benefited my personal development and helped me cultivate inner strength, flexibility to life’s challenges and a wonderful sense of perspective, but it has also deepened my understanding of yoga and my practice itself.
Over time you’ll find that starting your day this way will focus your attention on how life truly is designed to help you grow.
- See opportunities rather than problems
- Improve your understanding of your body and its needs
- Gain deeper compassion for your stresses and internal conflicts
- Develop a forgiveness and gratitude practice that heals wounds and cultivates true prosperity from within
- And so much more…
What is a Sadhana?
“Sadhana is the discipline of routine spiritual practice and the routine surrendering of the ego through activities such as meditation, yoga, chanting or prayer. […] Within the practice of yoga, keeping a sadhana allows practitioners to align one’s inner self each new day.” – YogaPedia
“Sādhana is a generic term coming from the yogic tradition and it refers to any spiritual exercise that is aimed at progressing the sādhaka [yogi] towards the very ultimate expression of his or her life in this reality.” – Wikipedia / Flood, Gavin. An Introduction to Hinduism. Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, 1996. pp. 92, 156, 160, 167. ISBN 0-521-43878-0